Meet The Founder
The Pink Queen Foundation, a Nonprofit Organization, was born out of my desire to impact the lives of women who are currently undergoing treatments for Breast Cancer. While I personally have a story in reference to breast cancer, The Pink Queen Foundation is not about me, but about men and women who are in need of a little extra help while they battle this dreadful disease CANCER.
I am a proud survivor, my experience with this journey has allowed me to witness what is lacking in our communities with reference to support from current local and national organizations. I have assisted many individuals and I have shared with them my knowledge, gifts that I received, and experiences which could help them as they enter into their own journey with this disease. This has truly developed into a passion of mine. I will continue to keep the journey behind the Pink Ribbon alive every 365.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Science Degree (Organizational Management) with a minor in (H. R. Management)
- 20 year employee with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (Staff Inspector)
- 3 year employee Palm Beach State College, Financial Aid Specialist
MY JOURNEY AND TREATMENT:
- 8 year Breast Cancer Survivor (Stage IIB)
- Bilateral Mastectomy
- 6 months Chemotherapy
- 36 rounds radiation treatment
- Learning to live with Lymphedema daily
- 7 surgeries completed started (2011) and 2 upcoming (2016)
MY SERVICE AND SUPPORT TO THE COMMUNITY:
- 2016 Civilian Community Involvement for Year (Noble Organization)
- 2017 Shero Award (Anne Harvin Society)
- 2018- Executive Women of the Palm Beaches nominee
- 2018- Legacy Magazine of South Florida Most Influential Prominent Women in Business
- 2015- Team Captain for American Heart Association raised $850.00
- 2011-Team Captain for American Cancer Society Breast Cancer Association my 1st year of diagnosis, raised over $1,200.00
Fashion show modeling appearances:
- Freeman Jewelry Collection (2012 & 2014),
- Pink Strydes (2015), and City of Riviera Beach Breast Cancer Awareness Fashion Show (2015).
Breast Cancer presentations sharing and educating audiences on my journey Urban League of Palm Beach County
- Numerous Religious Organizations
She is a child of GOD, WIFE, MOTHER, DAUGHTER, SISTER, and FRIEND to many. She works hard and has a heart of gold for giving. She has had her share of battles: physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially. One battle that she fights daily is, “Surviving Breast Cancer”. This disease has changed her and how she views life. She refuses to sit in silence and fear. In order to overcome this illness and win she believes you must educate others on life experiences. Life experience is the best lecture ever. She also believes that giving back is a part of healing, releasing, and fighting back.
She is me and I am her. I introduce myself as Tenecia Burton-Sproull. Welcome to “The Pink Queen Foundation website”. As you explore this site I hope you are inspired to share with others.